| . |
|Wed Sep 7|
|First Day of School|
Summer Camp 2016 Registration
We are now accepting registration for Summer Camp 2016. Pease feel free to stop by the stop to obtain a regsitration form. You may also call the school office for information about pricing and activities.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
It's not too late to enroll in SJS! Please call the main office to set up an appointment for registration.
In the spirit of our founders, the Saint Lucy Fillipinni, St. Joseph School of East Orange is dedicated to continuing the educational mission of the Church for our students. We strive to achieve the varied educational needs of a diverse and dynamic population. We are fully dedicated to as well as providing for their spiritual, academic and physical growth.
We are fully committed to promoting the value and respect for every individual we serve.
Click the link below to:
1. Visit the SJS landing page website.
2. View uniform options.
3. Place uniform orders.
Open Job Position:
Performs confidential secretarial and clerical responsibilities necessary for an efficient and effective school office that assists the Principal or designees and school staff in the performance of responsibilities so that a safe learning environment and effective instruction are provided to meet the needs of each student.
- Have a minimum of two years successful experience in a related secretarial or office position, or be graduate of a recognized program of secretarial studies.
- Demonstrate excellent secretarial skills, including general bookkeeping skills, organizational and filing skills, the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual presentation, and telecommunications.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (including access).
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate appropriate telephone etiquette, with proper voice inflection.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents and the community including difficult and emotional situations.
Please forward all cover letters and resumes to:
Attn: Karen Cavaness, Principal
First Holy Communion
Congratulations to the five SJS students who received their First Holy Communion. Alix (3rd grade), Akunna (2nd grade), Jennifer (2nd grade), Bergson (3rd grade), and Chineze (3rd grade).
West Point SOSH
Cadets from the Debate Team, Model UN Team, and Graduate Scholarship Program joined forces for a youth mentorship event at SJS on April 19th. For more information visit West Point SOSH on Facebook.
Archbishop John Myers
Visits St. Joseph School
Archbishop Myers visits the Pre-K 4 classroom along with Ms. Cavaness (Principal) and Father Fred (School Priest).
The Pre- K 4 students welcome a visitor into the classroom.
On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 SJS had the pleasure of welcoming Archbishop John J. Myers into the school. The Archbishop visited numerous classes and spoke with students about catholic education. In addition, Archbishop Myers conversed with graduating 8th grade students about his ministry as an Archbishop.